This organization exists to host an annual prayer breakfast event for Woodbury and the surrounding areas whereby leaders and members of the community from business, government, education, churches, and neighborhoods are assembled for the purpose of seeking divine guidance, to proclaim a call into a relationship with Jesus Christ, and to renew a faith and dependence upon God.
2023 Board of Trustees
- Chair – Mark Hargis (Woodbury Wealth Management)
- Vice Chair – Open
- Treasurer – Kirk Nesvig
- Secretary – Open
- Trustee – Anne Burt, Woodbury Mayor
- Trustee – David Millington (Millington Insurance Group)
- Trustee – Jan Nelson
- Trustee – Mary Giuliani Stephens (Former Mayor of Woodbury, 2018 Bill Hargis Person of the Year)
- Trustee – Kelly Jahner-Byrne (The HOW Companies, Inc.)
- Trustee – Greg Hendricks
- Trustee – Jeff Wynia
- Trustee – Dr. Aaron Erhardt
- Trustee – Jenna Dicks
Mayor William Hargis started the first Woodbury Area Prayer Breakfast in 2000. The first breakfast hosted around 100 people compared to the average attendance of 400+ that attend the event today.
Modeled after the National Prayer Breakfast held in Washington D.C., members of the Woodbury community and surrounding areas gather in faith to hear music and pray together for all areas of the community. Highlight of the event is a key note speaker which is often a local or national speaker that seeks to enlighten attendees.